Montag, 2. Februar 2015

Essie "Fiji" // DIY Version

Hi dolls!

It's DIY-Time, ladies and gentlemen - today I want to share with you some tipps and tricks to create the nailpolish color of your dreams. Oh and "DIY" means "Do It Yourself". Not "Donuts Interest Yale" or something. Abbreviations are confusing.

You all know the struggle of finding the perfect nailpolish color. I had the struggle to find the perfect pastel pink. This one was too warm-toned, that one was too sheer and this little one was pretty, but horrible to apply.
After ages of searching, I finally found it. Essie's "Fiji". It came in a limited edition and had everything I always wanted.
It was super pale, super opaque, super easy to apply, super long lasting. But as I said, it was limited. And sooner than expected, it was gone. I ran out of my beloved "Fiji" and my heart broke a little.
Wer kennt ihn nicht, den Kampf, seinen perfekten Nagellack zu finden. Ich selbst war ewig (eeeewig) auf der Suche nach dem perfekten Pastelpink. Dieser war zu rötlich, dieser zu sheer und der hier war zwar ganz hübsch, aber fürchterlich aufzutragen. Dann aber, nach Monaten und Jahren der Suche, fand ich ihn. Essie's "Fiji". Natürlich limitert, wäre ja sonst auch zu schön gewesen. Ich habe ihn geliebt. Doch leider, leider neigte sich das kleine Fläschen schnell dem Ende zu und als ich vor kurzem fast den Boden erreichte, brach mein Herz ein kleines bisschen.

 
But wait, there was hope. I saw the amazing @zuckerdonut on Instagram mixing her own nail polish and thought: "Alina, you can do that, too!".
I had an almost full bottle of Essie's "Romper Room" (which was limited as well, but will make its way into the standard range now) and took a bottle of "French White Creme" by Wet N Wild.
If you don't know already, "Romper Room" is pretty similar to "Fiji", just a hint darker. So I started to carefully add some drops of "French White Creme" and shook it until the two polishes turned into one. I grabbed my almost empty bottle of "Fiji" so I could really compare it and was really impressed! It was working. I added more and more of the white polish until I could proudly say, I created a similar nail polish to "Fiji"!
Side note: You don't need that exact white nailpolish that I used, every white cream polish, which has a high opacity will work just as good!
Aber Moment, es gab Hoffnung. Ein Licht am Ende des Tunnels. Ein Spatz in der Hand, der besser war, als die Taube auf dem Dach. Ich sah ein Foto von der lieben @zuckerdonut auf Instagram, auf dem sie uns ihren selbstgemixten Nagellack zeigte. Da dachte ich: "Alina, das kannst du auch!".
Ich fand noch ein fast volles Fläschchen von Essie's "Romper Room" (der damals ebenfalls limitiert war, jetzt aber ins Standartsortiment einzieht) und schnappte mir "French White Creme" von Wet N Wild.
Für alle die nicht ganz so nagellackverrückt sind: "Romper Room" ist "Fiji" ziemlich ähnlich, nur etwas dunkler und kräftiger.
Ich fing also an, ein paar Tropfen von "French White Creme" in mein "Romper Room"-Fläschchen zu tropfen und ordentlich zu schütteln. Man sah sofort, dass der Lack deutlich heller wurde. Ich hüpfte also los, mein altes "Fiji"-Fläschchen zu holen, um den direkten Vergleich zu haben.
Noch ein paar Tropfen mehr und es war geschafft - mein eigener DIY-"Fiji". Ich konnte nicht stolzer sein.
Kleine Randnotiz: Ich weiß, dass man hier nicht überall an Wet N Wild Produkte kommt - es tut aber auch jeder andere gut deckende weiße Nagellack. Mir fallen jetzt leider nur "Blanc" von Essie und "Alpine Snow" von OPI ein, die aber beide deutlich höher im Preis liegen...

 
I swatched the original and DIY version side by side here. The original one is on the right and I'd say it's a 99,9998% dupe! Hurray!
Hier habe ich für euch die originale und meine DIY Version nebeneinander geswatcht. Der Originale ist auf der rechten Seite und ich würde mal ganz optimistisch behaupten, wir haben hier ein 99,9998% dupe! Hurra!


Here you see a close-up. What else can I say? I am in love.
Hier nochmal in Nahaufnahme. Was soll ich sagen? Ich bin verliebt.


Until next time, stay beautiful!

Love,

Alina

3 Kommentare:

  1. I thought Fiji was in the core collection? Unless it's only where I live that it is? Anyway, such a pretty polish! I don't know if you have Sinful Colors over there, but if you do, then Easy Going is a good alternative/dupe. I think there's also an ANNY polish that's a dupe of/alternative to Fiji.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This Nail-Polish is so pretty! I really like Essie polishes but they are too expensive for my age. xoxo Alessa

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This Nail-Polish is so pretty! I really like Essie polishes but they are too expensive for my age. xoxo Alessa

    AntwortenLöschen